12 AMAZING FACTS ABOUT CHANDRAYAAN-2 THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW
1)India will become fourth country on Earth to achieve soft landing on Moon after the space agencies of the USSR, USA and China if it successfully lands on moon.
2) If successful, Chandrayaan-2 will be the second mission to soft land near the lunar south pole region after the Chinese Change'4 mission
3)Chandrayaan 2 will help to understand how moon originated and evolved.
4)The possibility of using Moon as a attest bed for space launch will be checked which will benefit India in new Space War that is happening.
5) The mission will also study of lunar topography, mineralogy, elemental abundance, the lunar exosphere.
6) As the South Polar Region has craters that are extremely cold and everything here is frozen thus the fossil of these craters can reveal information about the early Solar System.
7) Chandrayaan-2 will also do 3D mapping of the topography of the South Polar Region, and will determine its elemental composition and seismic activity.
8) The mission is the first Indian expedition to attempt a soft landing on the lunar surface and explore lunar terrain with indigenous technology.
9) Chandrayaan 2 will use the Vikram Lander and Pragyan Rover to attempt a soft landing in a high plain between two craters Manzinus C and Simpelius N at a latitude of about 70Â° south. Both the Lander and the Rover are expected to be active for one month.
10) The main scientific objective of Chandryaan-2 is to map the location and abundance of lunar water.
11) The total weight of the Chandrayaan-2 is 3,850 kg (8,490 lb) and The total cost of the mission is approximately US$141 million.
12) Originally, Chandryaan-2 was scheduled to launch in 2011 and was supposed to carry Russian-made lander and rover. Since, Russia pulled out, ISRO had to develop its own lander and rover and this resulted in delay.