Chilling CCTV shows tiny sisters before model,23,killed them because they got in the way of her life

Chilling CCTV footage showing the tragic final moments of a three-year-old girl murdered by her own mother has been released after she was convicted of killing both her children.

Footage shows part-time model Louise Porton, 23, leading her daughter Lexi Draper into their home in Rugby, Warwickshire, hours before she suffocated her on January 15 last year.

Just 18 days later, she strangled 16-month-old Scarlett Vaughan. She killed both her daughters because they 'got in the way' of her job as a sex worker.

Clips from two weeks after Lexi had died show the single mother carrying Scarlett from a hotel in Rugby where she had been staying - with police suggesting she was already dead as she casually carried her through the lobby.

A clip from a petrol station the same day shows Porton stopping to fill her car up with fuel even as her Scarlett lay dead, or dying, on the back seat.

Porton, who earned a living sleeping with men she met online and sending them explicit pictures and videos, was today found guilty of two counts of murder.   

In a heartbreaking statement, Chris Draper, Lexi's and Scarlett's dad, said: 'When we lost Lexi we were heart broken and couldn't believe she had gone. Then we were devastated to hear about Scarlett.

'Only having a short time with Lexi and never meeting Scarlett makes it all the more heart breaking. We will miss out on all those special occasions they would have celebrated. Their first day at school, birthdays, getting married and having children of their own.

'The loss of Lexi and Scarlett has not just affected the immediate family, but also all those who were part of their lives. The only comfort is that Lexi and Scarlett are together. We would like to thank everyone for their support and help.'

Porton claimed her daughters died naturally but acted 'like someone had lost their goldfish' when she was informed of their deaths. She stood poker-faced as jurors returned verdicts after a four-week trial.

Jurors heard Porton had accepted 41 friend requests on a dating app just a day after the first child Lexi died, and was described by prosecutors as being 'calm and emotionless' following Scarlett's death.

When Lexi was ill in hospital, just over a week before she died, Porton took topless photos in the

toilets and was arranging to perform sex acts for money with a man she had met through a website. 

The 23-year-old suffocated Lexi in the early hours of January 15 last year and was then heard 'laughing' at a funeral parlour two days before killing Scarlett just over two weeks later, on February 1.

Prosecutors said it had appeared to a funeral arranger that Porton was 'using FaceTime and that she was speaking to a man'. 

Jurors were told that after police seized her phone, they uncovered searches including how long it took a dead body 'to go cold up to the shoulder' and 'five weird things that happen when you die'.

Opening the Crown's case at the start of the trial, prosecutor Oliver Saxby QC said: 'The overwhelming inference is that Lexi and Scarlett died because someone deliberately interfered with their breathing. That someone can only have been this defendant.'

Both children had symptoms consistent with deliberate airway obstruction and Scarlett had signs of recent bleeding in her neck tissue, suggestive of neck compression, jurors heard.

Mr Saxby said specialist doctors could find no 'natural reason' for why either child had died.

The first day of trial was told that from August 2016 until early November 2017, Porton lived at an address in Willenhall, near Walsall, where her landlady spent 'more and more time' caring for Lexi and Scarlett while their mother was 'doing social things' instead of looking after them.

The landlady made a statement to police saying Porton was doing 'whatever she could not to have them with her'.

Porton had denied wrong-doing throughout, telling police in a prepared statement: 'My children were never an inconvenience to me and I accommodated my lifestyle and personal life around them.

'I still don't know how my daughters died, or what caused it.'

Porton, formerly of Skiddaw, Rugby, Warwickshire, will be sentenced by Mrs Justice Yip on Friday. 

3 views0 comments